Monday, October 09, 2006

It's been a while....

Well, I haven't posted in a little while because things have been semi-hectic.

I have been continuing the apartment search again with little luck. It's amazing to me how little the apartments I have been seeing resemble the advertisements that describe them. This morning I visited a place that I read was a two room (meaning one-bedroom) apartment that was supposedly fully furnished and 40 square meters. When I arrived, I was sad to see that all that was there furniture wise was a beat-up old futon/bed and a table with two chairs. And, it was definitely a small studio- maybe even HALF the size of what it was advertised. UGH. I am about ready to throw in the towel and pay out the nose for an agency. Usually the agency apartments are a lot more expensive, and renting this way includes needing to pay an agency fee that is usually at least 10% of the yearly rent. It just might be worth it though....I'll keep you posted.

In other news, I went to see the Devil Wears Prada yesterday- the first time I have been to the movies in France! The movie was in English with French subtitles, and I was surprised at how much the audience was enjoying it! Guess working with a boss from hell is translatable across cultures. :)

I am at school waiting for my class to start. Luckily we only have the one afternoon class today, so I had time to run errands and look at apartments this morning.

Boring entry, I know....more from me later.

No comments: