Friday, February 09, 2007

I'm Johnny Knoxville, and this is Versailles.



I had a friend in town last week and had the most amazing time. Although much of the week itself was hilarious, perhaps the best time was the day trip we took to the Versailles castle. It was cold, rainy, and a bit dismal when we arrived....but we had no idea how fun it would be....

We first took a tour of the castle, which was so immense and gorgeous that I can't even describe it. Beautiful!

Anyway, after our tour, we went outside to look at the grounds, which went on and on forever. There was a little shack just outside the castle advertising golf cart rentals for 28euros an hour. We wondered if it was worth it, shrugged, and decided to go for it. What ensued was literally probably the funniest thing that has happened since I have been in Paris. There were a ton of potholes so my friend insisted on hitting them ALL at our highest speed. We were out of control and the shenanigans made me laugh so hard. For those of you who are Jackass fans, the afternoon was straight out of a Jackass episode. Seriously.

I highly recommend the golf cart rentals to all who may be going to Versailles. SO worth it.

No comments: