Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MIss Tic Street Art - Perfect Timing!

As my faithful readers know, I am a huge fan of the street art that I stumble upon accidentally every day here in Paris.

Here's another example of the lovely Miss Tic whose works seem to spring out at me exactly when I need them to. I posted one of her pieces a few months ago, which I also fell upon completely by accident.



While walking through the 13e arrondissement this afternoon, I was feeling a bit down, a bit overwhelmed by a handful of events that are happening in my life, and listening to especially nostalgic music on my iPod. I literally stopped in my tracks when I discovered this Miss Tic piece which translates to "It's life - this will pass." The most poignant part of all was the fact that someone, perhaps feeling the way that I feel lately, stopped to write "When?" underneath the piece. It's something I had been wondering myself and I was, for that moment, happy to feel as though I was not alone and that I wasn't the only person who passed this treasure and thought the same thing.

1 comment:

Pamela Poole said...

Bonjour Kef.

I'm a former San Diegan living in Paris! Love Miss Tic.

Do you know about www.francophilia.com, the social network for francophiles?

You can also follow us on Twitter for daily French culture bites and francophile treats! @francophilia

Merci et à bientôt.

Pamela Poole (LaGoulue)
Founder