Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A productive day...

Well, as tempting as it was to not do anything today (because I had NO class for some strange reason) I was surprisingly productive and I am proud of myself! :)

Today can also be known as "the day that I searched for apartments like it was my job!" Honestly- I've done close to eight hours of research, emailing, calling, etc. and still I feel like I am no closer to securing a place. They weren't kidding when they said it's tough to do these things in Paris. (Not sure who "they" are exactly...but you follow me...)

Anyway, I also went to school for a few hours to meet with my group for my globalization seminar class. I am working with two French students who are so so sweet and really a lot of fun. We are tasked with writing a 15 page paper (in English thank goodness) about a specific company and explore various effects of globalization. We chose the United Colors of Benetton, and like a nerd, I have really been enjoying doing the research. Turns out a lot of those controversial ads we remember from the early 90's were not even the most controversial at all! We have been studying some of the ones from the EU and they are totally out of control.

I also did something amazing this evening and went to stock up on school supplies! HOORAY! Those of you who know me well know I am not kidding when I say that this is one of my most favorite things! Now I am all set for the semester and even got an agenda/calendar book that will help me keep track of my random class schedule and due dates.

I've found a SUPERIOR internet cafe and will definitely be coming here more often so hopefully the updates will be regular.

Bisous! (kisses! everyone signs their emails and notes like this here and I just love it!)
KEF

1 comment:

LA City Girl in NYC said...

Bisous! I am living vicariously through you right now. I wish I were in Paris. Keep blogging!