Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday

Well, after finding out some bad news yesterday I am a bit crazy today....for a year now I have been living under the assumption that my end of school thesis and report on my internship (memoire et rapport du stage) are due at the end of December. So, I have been very lazy about it knowing that come Halloween I will be unemployed with plenty of time to research, read, write and be a good student.

I got back to my desk from lunch yesterday and opened the email that will change my life for the next month or so....it read somewhat like this...(in French of course)

"Dear students, Please be advised that your complete projects are due at school no later than COB November 26th!"

WHATTTT????

So, a few freakouts later, I am on track, albeit a bit frantic. However, I went to the library today planning to work and research a little bit only to discover that you have to PAY to use the library in Paris. WHAT AGAIN? Thirty-five euros for a year-long card, knowing I may very well be kicked out of the country in a few months?? No thank you. So I left.

Now, of course, knowing me, I will be back there tomorrow, 35 euros in hand, ready to pay for the card as the convenience of the library and allure of "free" research is a big deal.....but for now I am wallowing in my disbelief and annoyance and enjoying the pint of beer and free WiFi in the British pub next door. :)

No comments: