Sunday, January 04, 2009

Where in the world?

I am a huge list-maker and the end of any year always sees me making even more than usual. Lists of resolutions, lists of things to do, you name it!

I wanted to remember back to 2008 and the cities I visited - here's a list!


* New York
* Berlin
* Tours (and the rest of the Loire Valley really...)
* Warsaw
* London
* Minneapolis/St Paul area
* Lyon
* Strasbourg
* Reims
* Los Angeles/ SOUTH BAY
* Palm Desert

On my list for next year....I KNOW I have got to visit Italy again for the first time in more than a decade, but am not sure where exactly I will go. Would love to see another Eastern European capital (Budapest?) and of course go back to London! Spain is one of my most favorite countries, so that's definitely up there too! I've got to enjoy being in the middle of Europe with such ease in traveling for as long as possible!!!!

Any ideas?

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Def take advantage of your location! Greece was the most beautiful country I've ever seen (Santorini being my favorite island)... I was there for a week and wish I could have stayed longer. Don't miss the south of France... so close but so often skipped. As are all the cute little towns a quick TGV ride from Paris (Blois, Chartres, Lille, etc). And Rome is an absolute must if you can only go to one place in Italy... ah, I envy you living in Paris!

Alissa said...

I'm originally from the Minneapolis area so I was amused to find that on your list of cities visited. What brought you there?

If you go back to Italy, make sure to check out the 5 fishing villages known as Cinque Terre along the Mediterranean. It's a great hike and a beautiful place to spend a day or two.